-High energy ( since right out of the womb he has always been this way)
-Curious, won't play with toys very long, he would rather explore and discover (usually something he had been told to stay out of, like the cleaners...)
-Wouldn't cry himself to sleep, had to be asleep in my arms when I laid him down until around 7 months
-Independent, he likes certain people to play on certain ways but around other kids he observes or finds a toys and plays with it on his own
-Can't sit still, and always hated being put in the little rocking chair or on a blanket on the floor
-Started trying to put weight on his legs right out of the womb, he always wanted to stand
- Hated being swaddled more than just about anything and wouldn't sleep until he was loosed
- Didn't smile without a lot of encouragement until probably 9 months, and still didn't smile at everything
- Didn't laugh at many things until he was close to a year old
- Easy to nurse
-Was a serious spitter, I worried that maybe he had acid reflux but we never had him tested
- Was born with light brown hair which quickly fell out leaving him bald for a while and was replaced by white blonde toe headed-ness
-His eyes always had a circle of brown right around the pupil and I knew they would end up brown
-Never liked pacifiers and never sucked his thumb
- Entertained by toys ( so far anyway.)
- Doesn't fall asleep easily in
anyone's arms and will cry himself to sleep fairly quickly
- Can't sleep unless he its swaddled tightly (or being cuddled in my bed)
- Calmly sits still with someone or on the little rocking chair or on a blanket on the floor.
- Started putting weight on his feet right away and still likes it but doesn't insist on standing as much as Luke did
- Smiles a lot (especially for me)! Such a sweet smiler and always gets the people behind us at church smiling and whispering to him. He is a bit of a distraction I guess haha
- Laughed early and does more easily than Luke every did so young
-Has always been a real pill to nurse, and has almost been switched to formula multiple times.
- Hardly spits up at all, such a welcome change :-)
-Born with dark brown hair which seems to bet a lighter brown but he has not been bald yet
-His eyes have looked mostly blue ever since he was born.
-Has taken a pacifiers sometimes and just figured out his to suck his thumb
I'm sure I could come up with more but I just find it so interesting to see the things that are so opposite. I love my handsome little guys and I hope they continue to love each other and enjoy each others' company as much as they do right now. I seriously believe Dax was meant to be second in this family. I go crazy sometimes trying to manage everything but I can't imagine how I would have handled them in reverse having a toddler and trying to take care of Luke how he was as a baby on top of that... the nice men on their clean white suits would have taken me away a long time ago!
Well, time to clean the kitchen... Again... so it can get dirty again and then I can clean it again... No. it doesn't stop getting dirty, EVER!