Payin' it forward

Once upon a time I watched the movie Pay If Forward. It was touching... but then too touching because I was bawling my eyes out. Well sadly the ending of that movie has always given me a strange sense of dread about referring to something as paying it forward.... I guess it scares me like someone has to die to make it work. I know that isn't true but I have an irrational fear of it. Anyway... this has nothing to do with that movie... I just can't help but feel kinda weird about the term, so I thought I'd preface the real reason for this post by getting that stupid feeling out there for the world to know about.

The real reason for this post is because my dear cousin is doing this pay it forward thing and it sounds like fun... So I'm going to be one of her 5 and extend it out to any 5 of you. And now, I hope she doesn't mind but I'm going to use this lovely "copy/paste" feature and let her explain it because she did a great job.

Here's how it works: The first 5 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, at some point during the year, a handmade gift from me. What it will be and when it will arrive is a total surprise! The catch is that you must participate as well. Before your comment here, write up a pay if forward post on your blog to keep the game going. Then come back, let me know you're going to play, and sit back and anticipate the arrival of your gift! Remember that only the first 5 comments will receive a gift from me, so be quick! This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:


1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2. It'll be done sometime this year (good thing it's only February!)
3. You will have no clue what it's going to be, and you can't inquire about it before you receive it.
4. What I make may be strange. You just never know!


I think this will be fun, so play along and extend this out on your blog too. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
PIck me PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!!
I have the same thing on mine and I only got 2 people. Maybe people just don't like to pay it forward....lame people!
Grandma Bushman said…
I strongly feel that the OLDEST should be chosen. So, Erin, get in line - I do love you !!