Thanksgiving = Attitude of Gratitude

So this post is not so much for everyone else to read as it is for me to list things I'm grateful for to get in the attitude of gratitude and stop dwelling on things that I don't have...

I am grateful for my husband who cares enough about me and Luke to go to work even when he's super tired and would rather stay home and sleep in. I'm grateful that he would go fix our car at the rent- a- mechanic place to save us some money and learn some tricks. I'm grateful that they were nice enough to give us some money off when they diagnosed the problem wrong and made it take 8 hours to fix... after work. I'm grateful that after working for 7 hours and fixing the car for 8 house, Tyler came home and was still happy to see me and enjoyable to be around. I'm grateful that Luke takes good naps again. I'm grateful that Tyler is willing to work so that I can stay home with our son and take care of him. I'm grateful that Luke knows who his parents are and loves us. I'm grateful for his sweet smile, his laugh, and is funny jabbering. I'm grateful for a roof over our heads, and heat coming through the vents. I'm grateful for safety as we drive places. I'm grateful for a careful husband at work. I'm grateful for my in-laws and their love and understanding and hospitality. I'm grateful for friends near and far, who have made me who I am. I'm grateful for family of friends who have always been so loving and accepting and made me feel like I was family too. I'm grateful for friends who could see what I needed and helped me get there. I'm thankful for snow to make things white and bright. I'm grateful for this Earth and the bounty that we've been blessed with. I'm grateful for double dates that meet my need to socialize and keep me going through the monotony of the week. I'm grateful for the generosity and understanding of my own immediate family as our living situation makes life a little complicated some times. I'm grateful for my harp students and the things I learn from them and from teaching. I'm thankful to be able to contribute to our financial needs with a talant I love. I'm thankful for my talents in music of playing the harp, the piano, singing, and even leading the music sometimes. I'm thankful for opportunities to share my talents with others and to invite the Holy Spirit to dwell in our hearts as we enjoy the music together. I'm grateful for the diverse talents Tyler and I possess to give our child(ren) exposure to many things and help them be well rounded. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to grow as a person by being a wife and a mother.

I'm grateful for my new stay at home job that has so much potential and offers great health benefits for me and my family as well as those I have to opportunity to help. I'm thankful for my parents for introducing me to it. I'm grateful for Tyler's open mindedness on the subject so I could pursue it. I'm grateful for the extra income it brings as well.

I'm thankful for the experiences I've had through out my life that have shaped me, both good and bad. I'm thankful for the people I've met who have influenced me, good or bad, so I could make decisions and end up here. I'm thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the things I've learned from my membership though out my life. I'm thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows who I am, what I need, and how to get it to me. I'm thankful for the promtings of the Holy Ghost that testify if the truthfulness of the gospel to me. I'm grateful for repentance and the experiences I've had in being forgiven of my sins that are so sacred to me that they testify of the truthfulness of the gospel in a way that I can not deny. I'm grateful that I have been able to recognize those things to have as a safety net when I've gone through my own spiritual struggles. I'm grateful to know that man kind all make mistakes so I can know they aren't perfect no matter who they are, and know that I do not need to compare myself to their imperfect state, but look to Christ's perfection as a guide instead.

I'm grateful for my passions that keep me healthy and happy and sane. I'm grateful for a supportive husband who wants me to pursue my passions and help me accomplish my dreams. I'm grateful for a husband who can make me smile no matter how upset I've been about anything. I'm thankful for his patience with me and his desire to stand by me as I lean and grow as a person. I'm grateful for opportunities to do the same for him.

I am extremely grateful for the miracles that have been bestowed upon my nephew Grant as he has has his own physical struggles and I'm am eternally grateful for his strong, loving and happy spirit. He has a very special spirit and I don't think anyone who has seen him can deny that.

I'm thankful that blogger saves my blog as I type so that when I accidentally pressed a button just now taking me to a different tab, my whole blog wasn't deleted in the process.

I'm grateful for thanksgiving for helping me count my blessings. Everything I've listed is a blessing, and I could go on and on and on. I know I am so blessed despite my impatience when I don't get the things I want when I think I should get them. I am thankful for EVERYTHING! haha and I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Comments